Monday, January 27, 2020

The Best Advice for Fresh Graduates

Graduation ceremony 
It is sometimes difficult to know what you would like to pursue once you graduate or sometimes, even when your studying for a profession you might end up not liking what you do when entering the workforce. Well, this happens all the TIME! If your a fresh graduate and your reading this let me tell you, it is not the end of the world! Being an entrepreneur doesn't mean that you have to start your own company, you can use your skills to provide services to others too. I am going to share with you a few things you can do based on my experience and how you can discover what you're good at. The one thing that fresh graduates tend to do is focusing more on future expectations rather than focusing on what they currently have, and I did that too.

The most important thing to do is to discover your personality.
Before I discovered that I wanted to be an entrepreneur, I wanted to be an accountant mainly because I was good at it in high school, and it was among the classes that I enjoyed. However, when I got the opportunity to work as a full-time accountant before I went to university, well guess what I HATED WHAT I WAS DOING. I started questioning myself, and I had a tough time to know what I wanted to pursue in my career. The next thing I did was, I choose to study business administration. I took the risk and guessed to myself by saying maybe its the right thing for me to take. After I got to university, two years of my degree went by, I then discovered what I wanted to be was an entrepreneur. So you might be asking yourself, how I knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur well; this is how firstly, I listened to myself, and I was honest with myself. Very few people can accept their personality traits because they are afraid of being judged, or they think they are better than what they find out to be about themselves. Well, guess what! Once you discover and accept all those little hurtful and good things about yourself, then it will be easier for you to overcome them and to realize what suits you best. When I started listening to myself, I decided to take a personality test, and I did this just by typing out personality test via the internet. Still, one thing to remember is, to be honest when answering the test. After I did the test I managed to go back and relate to all the things I enjoyed to do, the things I achieved throughout my journey, and that's when I finally realized what I wanted to do, and that is being an Entrepreneur! 

Note: In the end, it always gets to a point where your personality defines what suits you best and if you have a passion for a career that does not necessarily fit your personality then you can use your personality as a strategy to help you enjoy your career. I hope my story helps you figure things out and feel free to share your stories or ask any question in The Entrepreneurship Passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment